Friday, October 5, 2012

Bald isn't Bad

My hair is thinning, and I plan to do absolutely nothing about it. If you ask me, the only really sad thing about hair loss is the ridiculous things some men do to make it look like they still have all their hair. Of all the stupid, petty vanities, this may be the stupidest.

I mention this now because a study recently found that people find bald men to be more "powerful" and "commanding" than men with hair. I suspect this is another utterly bogus bit of pseudoscience, but at least it shows that people don't automatically scoff at the hairless. (The Guardian has a poll up allowing you to compare British leaders and celebrities with and without hair and vote on whether the bald versions are more commanding.)

What I think is undeniable is that bald men look more powerful and commanding than men with hair pieces, hair implants, combovers, and other desperate measures that only call attention to their insecurity.

No comments: