Thursday, October 20, 2016

In Which I Praise Marco Rubio for a Principled Stand

I have over the years featured here statements I agree with from Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, George W. Bush, and even Sarah Palin. I now take time to commend some remarks about the Clinton campaign emails delivered by one of Florida's most handsome suits, Marco Rubio:
As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process and I will not indulge it. Further, I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us. . . . I will not discuss any issue that has become public solely on the basis of Wikileaks.
Note that Rubio is not talking about journalists, who will of course use their own judgement in cases like this. He is talking about elected officials, and people campaigning to be the same. It seems to me that for candidates to use material leaked by a foreign government with the obvious intent of influencing the election is pretty dubious. And Rubio is right that since the shoe will soon be on the other foot, it behooves Republicans to tread carefully here.

2 comments:

pithom said...

"It seems to me that for candidates to use material leaked by a foreign government with the obvious intent of influencing the election is pretty dubious."

-Do you realize why Putin supports Trump? It's because he knows that neither of them are crazy. Hillary may well be, given Her disastrous incompetence at foreign policy, and everything else she did.

"And Rubio is right that since the shoe will soon be on the other foot, it behooves Republicans to tread carefully here."

-I'd love for the shoe to be on the other foot.

Yes, Rubio, unlike Hannity and Huckabee, is consistent on this.

pootrsox said...

And dear gods, Pithom again demonstrates a totally blind bias with no actual facts to back it up.