Friday, January 15, 2016

Trump Accepts the Mantle

Donald Trump was asked last night about Nikki Halley's line, in her SOTU response, about the "siren song of the angriest voices." His response:
I'm very angry because our country is being run horribly and I will gladly accept the mantle of anger. Our military is a disaster.[Applause] Our health care is horror show. Obamacare, we're going to repeal it and replace it. We have no borders. Our vets are being treated horribly. Illegal immigration is beyond belief. Our country is being run by incompetent people. Yes, I am angry. And I won't be angry when we fix it but until we fix it, I'm very, very angry.
I think "I will gladly accept the mantle of anger" is the best line of this political season, and it very much sums up Trump's campaign.

No comments: