Wednesday, August 24, 2016

My Office

The latest version of my personal work space; I've been in this corner for about three years but just recently got it set up to my liking. The two larger, green-bordered drawings are reconstructions of 18th-century archaeological sites I excavated in Delaware. The African mask was a present from a friend; it's in my office because my wife refused to have it in the house. She says that it is obviously possessed and if we had it at home the eyes would start glowing red and we would all be slain by hyena demons.

1 comment:

G. Verloren said...

"The African mask was a present from a friend; it's in my office because my wife refused to have it in the house. She says that it is obviously possessed and if we had it at home the eyes would start glowing red and we would all be slain by hyena demons."

Hyena demons are easily appeased by occasional offerings of chicken, eggs, dates, et cetera; and once properly propitiated they can become staunchly apotropoaic, fending off evils ranging from man-eatting lions to door-to-door Mormon missionaries.

Alternatively, you can win the favor of Y'hroghu, Keeper of Bones and barter for his dark blessing of lashing tendrils, encompassing your abode in an aura of eldritch power attuned against a chosen breed of interlopers - but the ritual sacrifices are demanding in both frequency and material requirements, and often attract the unwanted presence of ravenous nether sprites and wayward divorce lawyers.