- Alysh (Kyrgyz: Алыш), a kind of belt wrestling,
- Salburun (Kyrgyz: Салбурун), a sport mixing falconry, mounted archery and hunt assisted by Taigan [dogs],
- Horse racings (At Chabysh), (Kyrgyz: Ат чабыш),
- Er enish, (Kyrgyz: Эр эңиш),
- Toguz korgool, (Kyrgyz: Тогуз коргоол),
- Kok-boru, a sport similar to Buzkashi, a kind of polo played with a goat carcass. (Kyrgyz: Көк бөрү)
The Guardian, this is "the biggest draw and most fiercely contested sport." Looks like a blast.
Weird that Shagai is on wikipedia's list, since it is an old gambling game played with the ankle bones of sheep as dice. But maybe you can get really good at it.
I'm also wondering about Salburun, the trifecta of falconry, hunting, and mounted archery. If the modern pentathlon (running, swimming, horse riding, shooting and fencing) was supposed to represent what a military courier might have to do to bring a message from behind enemy lines, what is Salburun? What a nomad might have to do to get dinner?
CBS News this was not part of the games but an impromptu bout that broke out among some men who got bored waiting for the opening ceremonies to begin.