Thursday, January 17, 2013

To Mount Holyoke and Back

I spent most of today and yesterday driving up to Massachusetts and back, delivering my elder daughter Mary to Mount Holyoke College. I am very proud of her for getting herself into such a selective place, and equally impressed by her courage in taking the plunge into a new college twice in one year. (Stirling University in Scotland in the Fall, for one semester, and now Mount Holyoke.)

Mary refused to pose for pictures, saying, "I've been in the car all day and look a fright," but I was able to sneak this one while she was taking her own pictures.


The campus was lovely with new snow, and largely empty because only the 60 or 70 "springies" were moving in today.

The view from Mary's window.

It was a tiring 925 miles of driving in two days, but worth it to be part of such an exciting event.

No comments: