Monday, January 9, 2012

More College Visits

My daughter Mary and I are on a whirlwind tour of colleges in Massachusetts. Today she had interviews at Smith and Mt. Holyoke. I loved Smith, which has a great campus and really strong programs in things Mary is interested in. Downtown Northhampton is also right across the street, and it is a really cute town. Mary in her interview outfit above.

The Smith Lake.


Mary under an interesting Northampton Street Sign.

Mt. Holyoke also has a beautiful campus (above) and an excellent program, but it is in a sort of suburban area, not as appealing to me as Northampton. But both schools are in a consortium with Amherst College and U-Mass Amherst, and there is a free bus that runs among them, and I think that would make Mt. Holyoke livable. I would be thrilled if she went to either.

No comments: