Among the manuscripts in the Bibliothèque de Genève is a copy of a thirteenth-century encyclopedia by the Florentine Brunetto Latini. It is thought to have been made in Rouen between 1450 and 1480. Despite his remarkably distinct style, the illuminator of this masterpiece is otherwise unknown, and he is known only as the "Master of the Geneva Latini."
Eighteenth-century descriptions of the manuscript mention four of these magnificent frontispieces, but now only two survive.
This depiction of a fifteenth-century market town is quite famous.