Monday, December 5, 2011

Losing Drones and Trusting the Government

It seems that an American drone crashed in Iran yesterday. The Iranians say they brought it down using a "cyberattack." They also say it was an advanced RQ-170 stealth model, the kind we used to scope out Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan. The Pentagon did not confirm the identity of the aircraft, but they did admit to losing a drone. They say that they lost track of it as it was flying over western Afghanistan and that it probably crashed in Iran, since "We have no indication that it was brought down by hostile fire."

It bothers me that I have no idea if my government is telling me the truth about this.

1 comment:

bill said...

yeah verily! I'm with you on this. I would like to think that there would be countermeasures to prevent the technology from simply landing itself into the wrong hands.