Monday, April 15, 2024

The First Hot Day

I was back on the Potomac today for what turned out to be our first hot day of the year, 88 degrees (31 C).

It seemed like I could feel green leaves bursting out all around me.

I was startled by these pinkish new oak leaves.




I was not feeling so great after an exciting weekend meeting with a kidney stone, but I did take one pleasant walk. Besides the garter snake I saw an Osprey very close, and then three pairs of crows squabbling over territory.


Every time I read that wisteria is a destructive invasive species I find myself wishing that all our problems were this pretty.



And then back in my neighborhood, the season of pink trees.

2 comments:

David said...

I am sorry to hear about your kidney stone. I have heard passing a kidney stone described as "the worst pain a human can suffer"--worse than giving birth. I have no experience with either.

John said...

I don't know about that, but, yeah, this one was very painful but over in a few hours. My first was just 48 hours of total misery, never acutely painful.