Friday, April 19, 2024

A Trip to New York

Thursday I rode the train up to New York City for a meeting about a big project in which I have a small role. My journey started at the BWI train station.

Farewell Baltimore.

At high speed through the land of chemical plants around the Delaware River.

Hello Philadelphia.

Arrival in New York at the new Moynihan Train Hall, which is way nicer than the welcome you used to get from Amtrak.

Ah, Midtown.

Actually I had two meetings. First was a pre-meeting meeting in our corporate offices, which are right by Penn Station. But that only took ten minutes, leaving me nearly two hours to kill before the main meeting. So I took a walk. 

The sort of thing you see on the street in New York, a photographer taking pictures of a girl doing ballet in the street.

I walked from up 7th Avenue, past the center of the worldwide liberal conspiracy,

To Central Park. Which was 24 blocks, but I was tense about the upcoming meeting and walking fast.

The playground just inside the park was completely empty on a rainy Thursday.

I think those new towers are what they call Billionaire's Row

Then back to my office to meet the rest of our team and ride the Subway out to Queens for the main meeting. But our subway stop was right across the street from All Faiths Cemetery, a huge place founded in 1852 with 588,000 "permanent residents." So after the meeting I said my goodbyes and went off exploring.

Interesting group of recent Chinese graves.

Awesome, athough photographs can't do justice to the feeling of walking through a cemetery on a rainy day.

And then the three hour ride back home to Catonsville. An amazing, tiring day.

No comments: