Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Some Random Pictures of Philadelphia

Taken during my walk Sunday morning. As I was approaching this window to take a picture of the decoration, the reflection of the building across the street suddenly appeared, perfectly framed.

B'nai B'rith monument to religious freedom. Who are those people? Freedom and her son, Mischief? And why does their eagle look so cranky?

What's a historic district without some photogenic decay?


Another insurance company, but this one went a little overboard on the Egyptian tomb theme. Lousy pictures, but strangely the whole building was in shadow. . . .

I really liked these whatever-they-ares at the entrances to Washington Park.

Whose idea was it to install stainless steel kangaroos in the colonial historic district?


I confess I was startled to look down this nondescript alley and see a shrine to the Madonna.

Who was Rebecca Gratz, and why does she have her own club? What do they do there? What would people do in a club named after you?

I'm restless at home and ready to go someplace else now.

No comments: