After years of supporting Russia, Laura Loomer changes her tune about the Ukraine war:
I did say these things about Ukraine and Zelensky and I am not deleting my posts because I’ve realized, I was wrong.Ok, great that she has gone to Ukraine to check things out for herself. But this:
I was living in a media echo chamber and I was propagandized by Russian media on social media to believe those things.
So I came to Ukraine to see the country for myself. I am going to try to find evidence for the propaganda I’ve been fed, and if I don’t find it, I will let everyone know so they too can come to see the light.
On day one, I’ve already seen photos of dead priests in Bucha murdered by Russia and I saw the mass grave where the bodies of murdered Christians were placed after Russia sent forces from Chechnya to massacre innocent people.
I spoke with officials who rescue POWs and they showed me photos of Ukrainian POWs who had swastikas engraved into their forehead by Russians.
Who are the Nazis? 🤔 I was lied to for years.
Russia is very good at information warfare.
No! Russia is terrible at information warfare; they have not fooled a single person who was even remotely paying attention.
The only reason anyone ever believed Russia's lies about the war was that they reflexively supported any nation that seemed to oppose the western liberal consensus. Putin was anti-trans and anti EU, and that was enough for some people to think he must be right about everything. Only that kind of disgraceful tabloid thinking can explain anyone's belief that Russia's cause in Ukraine is just.
One of the worst habits of humanity is dividing the world into two sides and believing that one side is right about everything, or at any rate most things.
Every "side" commits crimes, and it is the responsibility of every thinking person to look beyond team spirit.
More of this, please:
I am my own person. I think for myself because I am not a Russian bot.
No comments:
Post a Comment