Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Donald, Donald

Trump, the man who says he tells it like it is, goes to West Virginia and lies to coal miners:
Mr. Trump gushed about mining, telling the crowd that he was fascinated by it and promising to revive the industry. “You watch what happens: If I win, we’re going to bring those miners back,” he said. “You’re going to be so proud of your president.”
This just isn't going to happen, for reasons I have laid out many times. Under Republican rule it might take a little longer for coal to be phased out and replaced by wind, solar, and natural gas power, but phased out it will be regardless. No new coal burning power plants are under construction or planned anywhere in the US, and that was true even before Obama's clean energy plan.

And even if it were feasible – which it isn't – would Trump have any idea how to do it? Probably not:
He did not explain how he would go about doing that.
A sentence that perfectly exposes what Trump has been doing in his campaign.

1 comment:

G. Verloren said...

"Elect me, and I'm going to cure cancer. You watch. Nobody else has the guts to make promises like that, I guarantee you. Vote for me, I'll get rid of cancer before my first term is up."

"And you know what else? Once I do it, I'll give the science to the Pentagon, and they'll use it and put it in bombs, and we'll use those bombs against ISIS. That's right. We're going to drop cancer on them, and we're going to use it to wipe out all the terrorists in the middle east."