This painting was carried out in 1562-1563 by Veronese and his assistants for the refectory of the Benedictine Monastery of San Giorgio Maggiore, which occupies its own island in Venice. The refectory was a new building designed by Palladio. The painting is huge, measuring 22 by 33 feet (6.7 x 10 m). It hung in the refectory for 235 years before it was looted by Napoleon's troops. It now hangs in the Louvre.
In 2006 it occurred to some Italian art lovers that with contemporary technology it might be possible to create a digital scan of the original that would do justice to the original space. The Louvre allowed Factum Arte to scan the original, and the new digital installation has been a big success. The History Blog has the whole things as a huge image.