amazing set of photographs.
wikipedia the church was built in the 12th century, but the windows were inserted and the roof replaced in the 16th century.
In the early 20th century the church had fallen into disrepair and was being used as a barn by a local farmer. This plaque records the repairs made in 1929-1931 by a local committee led by architect A.R. Powys, who sold a collection of Thomas Hardy’s manuscripts to raise the funding.