Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ah, Americans and their Lawsuits

In one of my most favoritest lawsuits ever, a mother in California sues McDonald's for tempting her children to eat unhealthy food:
I object to the fact that McDonald's is getting into my kids' heads without my permission and actually changing what my kids want to eat... what kids see as a fun toy, I now realize is a sophisticated, high-tech marketing scheme that's destined to put McDonald's between me and my daughters... I want McDonald's to stop interfering with my family.
I sympathize with the poor woman, I mean, I have had to refuse to buy happy meals on dozens of occasions myself, and it has been a terrible burden on my family. I plan to file my own lawsuit against Star Wars: The Clone Wars for making Anakin the hero of his own series and thereby tempting my children toward fascism. Then I will sue all sorts of people for messing with my own mind by using beautiful women to sell things, and Ford for using the irresistible Mike Rowe to sell big, pretty trucks I don't want or need.

No comments: