Tuesday, September 15, 2026

My Copies of "The Voice from the Darkness" have Arrived

Me, ten days after heart surgery, showing off one of the first printed copies of The Voice from the Darkness

I have written about 50 pages of volume II, working title The Red Admiral, but I stalled out and then my wife died, but I will get back to it. I know the whole story because this is my old gaming world that I have been developing since 1980, and I know about not just this generation but their children and grandchildren.

Thinking over this story, there are things I really like about it. I love how the young aristocratic circle came out, both the individual characters and the interactions between them, and I am modifying the story as I first imagined it to give them more time together. I love the city of Calyxia, divided by a rubble wall between a human half and a dark side stalked by minsters. I love the ideas about magic I have been playing with, which I derived from ancient Chinese shamanism. And as always when I write I love some of the minor characters who just spring into my mind, play their small parts and move on.

Here is a question for my readers: would anyone be interested in an audiobook? I could afford to have one made if people would listen.

No comments: