Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

Things I am thankful for this year:

That all five of my children will be here for Thanksgiving dinner.

That an independent Ukraine still stands.

The survival of stories from thousands of years ago: Gilgamesh, the Iliad, the Irish myths, the Vedas, and on and on. What a miracle that is.

Flowers.

Second Story Books.

That I live in a place that has four seasons, and leaves that turn color in the Fall.

The Webb Space Telescope.

Spelling Bee.

The cycles of the moon, and a sky full of stars.

That I am able to work from home most of the time.

That everyone close to me survived the pandemic.

That I have access to so much information, online and off, that I continue to learn new things every day.

My readers and friends.

2 comments:

Kpgoog said...

People are still getting Covid for the first time (both parents and a tenant in the past 2 weeks.) Probably mild cases and not lethal. Vaccines made a difference.

Susi said...

Thank You for producing this Blog! First thing I enjoy every morning!