Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Komodo Dragons are Venomous

After reading four children books that said the prey of Komodo dragons sometimes died after a bite because the dragons' mouths are so full of bacteria, I now discover that the dragons are in fact venomous.

Thinking on this, I remembered one of the reasons I am skeptical about all "knowledge." I had a science text book in the third grade that said Mercury always keeps one face toward the sun. It does not, and this had been discovered around the time I was born. I never trusted a textbook again.

No comments: