Came from Caesars Laurel Crown
The evening star does shine;
The birds are silent in their nest,
And I must seek for mine.
- That Man has two real existing principles Viz: a Body and a Soul.
- That Energy, called Evil, is alone from the Body, and that Reason, called Good, is alone from the Soul.
- That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.
- Man has no Body distinct from his Soul for that calld Body is a portion of Soul discernd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
- Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
- Energy is Eternal Delight.
The ruddy limbs and flaming hair
But Desire Gratified
Plants fruits and beauty there.
Or wilt thou go ask the Mole:
Can Wisdom be put in a silver rod?
Or Love in a golden bowl?
That we may learn to bear the beams of love
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour