Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Spring in Washington

I was actually at my office in downtown Washington, DC today, in time to catch the end of cherry blossom season. All of these pictures were taken on the quarter mile walk from my office to my car.




Like walking in the clouds.


But there was much more than cherry blossoms. These are the poisonous, invasive lesser celedine or pilewort growing in Rock Creek Park; I think pilewort a wonderful name for a poisonous plant.


Magnolias. These opened too early again this year and most were browned by frost, but this one by my office still put on a good show.

And tulips in a Georgetown front yard.

1 comment:

Susi said...

The first honeybee swarm in Mid-Virginia was February 24. The earliest on record. Normal swarming has move earlier every year. Climate change is irrefutable to Beekeepers.